Accepted Driving Licence

As the futur rider of the motorcycle, you need to make sure you are allowed to ride the motorcycle you’re about the rent.

French and EU driving licences

The driving licence requirement :

  • Licence conditions are met - The driver needs to hold the necessary licence category to rent the motorcycle. To learn more about accepted categories, please read the following page
  • The driving licence must be 2 years old or older
  • The licence must be still valid during your rental - The driving licence must not have been suspended or expired.

The driving licence requirement :

    Here are the different categories of driving licences that will allow you to rent on Easy Renter.
  • Category A - The A licence gives you access to all motorcycles and scooters.
  • Category A2 - The A2 licence is obtained by newly licenced motorcycle riders, regardless of their age. This driving licence involves some restrictions. The motorbike cannot exceed a power output of 35kW and a power to weight ratio over 0.2kW/kg.
  • Category B (with the 7-hour certificate) - The category B (car licence) allows you to ride a 125cc motorcycle under certain conditions. The category B needs to be accompanied by a certificate of a 7-hour motorcycle training.
  • Category A1 - The category A1 allows you to ride 125cc motorcycles. The motorbike cannot exceed a power output of 11kW and a power to weight ratio over 0.1kW/kg.

Do I need any driving licence experience?

Our team doesn’t ask for proof of driving experience. However, we do ask drivers to provide a driving licence that is at least 2 years old. For example, if you rent a motorcycle that requires an A-category driving licence, your A-category driving licence will need to be at least 2 years old.

Driving licences from outside EU

A lot of foreigners rent motorcycle with us to travel around France and Europe. The driving licence can often be a concerne so we dedicated a full page on that topic. Here is our guide for foreign driving licences.

Where to find the licence required for the bike I want to rent ?

To book a motorcycle on Easy Renter, the future driver must necessarily hold the necessary licence to drive the rented vehicle. You can find all driving licence information on the motorcycle pages under “Rental Information”. Note that a check of your licence is carried out before the start of the rental.

If you’re coming from outside the EU, note that we are using the EU driving licence categories (A, A2, A1, B) to align to the local regulations. You may need to understand those categories so you are able to select the right motorcycle for you. If you need advice on your driving licence, don’t hesitate to contact us.

Related guides :